We are committed to the highest safety, quality and environmental standards through accreditation and continual improvement.
We have a dedicated Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental team who manage our systems including the creation and implementation of management plans, undertaking regular audits and inspections and ensuring compliance to current legislation and other regulatory guidelines.
Our third party accredited systems offer our clients and staff peace of mind.
We are certified to the following Standards:
- Safety – AS 4801: Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
- Quality – ISO 9001: Quality Management Systems
- Environmental – ISO 14001: Environmental Management Systems
We are proud to have been acknowledged for our safe work practices and systems …
- Finalist for the Best Workplace Health and Safety Management System – 2013
- High Commendation Award for the Best Workplace Health and Safety Management System – 2010
- Excellence in Safe Work Practices (Host Employer) 2013
- Excellence in Safe Work Practices (Host Employer) 2012
- Excellence in Safe Work Practices (Host Employer) 2011
- Excellence in Safe Work Practices (Host Employer) 2009
Plumbing Industry Association
- Safe Work Award 2012
- Safe Work Award 2011
- Safe Work Award, Larger Employer 2008
We’re all about safety!
Hindmarsh Water Treatment’s culture is underpinned by a strong safety focus that is systematically and behaviourally lived and breathed by all team members every single day.
We are committed to the health, safety and welfare of employees, apprentices, contractors, customers and the public who may be affected by our work.
In order to maintain our commitment we:
- Continuously improve our Safety Management System across the business.
- Promote active participation through consultation and communication.
- Actively pursue the identification of all hazards with a view to elimination or management to the lowest practical risk level.
- Ensure that all activities we undertake as a minimum comply with the relevant legislation of the States and Territories.
- Identify, communicate and monitor health and safety objectives, targets and performance measures at all levels within the business.
- Foster a culture where employees and contractors are aware of the hazards around them, and work in a manner to reduce risk.
- Ensure all staff members are appropriately trained.
We know that all incidents and injuries are preventable, and support this principle by ensuring a strong safety culture, management commitment and leadership and effective risk control.